1. The topic is new for me. Where should I best begin to read?
2. I am looking for material for use in my classes. What can I find here?
3. How do I come to know about new contributions?
4. Where can I express my opinion/criticism/praise/proposals apropos the website?
5. Where do I find the theory of relativity explained?
6. I have problems playing the movies. Do I need any special players or codecs?
You can send us an email (contakt).
On this site we deliberately do not present an introduction to the special theory of relativity but instead focus on visualization. For the (mathematical) fundamentals books are suited best and besides there are other websites. A rich source is Einstein online.
Regarding the general theory of relativity we are working on an introductory course on the basis of model experiments that needs nearly no math. Useful for teaching advanced high school or beginning university students, also for self-education. The first step is a black hole paper model, described so far only on the German version of this website: "Wir basteln ein Schwarzes Loch".
The movies are coded in the fairly well-established MPEG1 format, so that they should play without problems on most computers. Sometimes it helps to download the movies onto hard disk and to playback from there, under Windows XP this can be done with the built-in Windows Media Player.
Contact: Would you like to send us a message?